Virtual Ridgewalk and Run
But we are still a community! We can do this! The RidgeWalk team would like to invite you to register for our first (and hopefully one and only) virtual RidgeWalk & Run. Here is how it will work:
· If you have already registered for the 28th annual RidgeWalk, prior to July 15, 2020, you will have a choice:
· Participate in this historic virtual RidgeWalk & Run experience
· Request a deferral to the 29th annual Ridgewalk (October 17, 2021)
· You will receive follow up instructions on how to do this
· Request a refund for this year’s event (less the small RunSignUp processing fee)
· Deferral/refund requests will need to be made no later than Saturday, August 15th, 2020
· To our unregistered friends — The 28th Annual RidgeWalk & Run
Register for any of our standard walks or runs — (https://runsignup.com/Race/NY/Wellsville/28thAnnualRidgeWalkRun)
· Complete your selected distance anytime between October 10th – October 18th
· We highly encourage that in the spirit of the RidgeWalk you do this on trails, however we recognize that may not be possible for everyone
· We encourage you to join other RidgeWalkers in small, safe groups where possible. Many of you already know each other and are part of social groups already
· Take pictures and share them and your story with the rest of the community!
· Be sure to show off your past RidgeWalk swag!
· Post them to our Instagram at #ridgewalkrun
· Find us on Facebook at “Ridgewalk & Run” and share them with the community
· Send them to us along with your story via Facebook message or email (RidgeWalk@urmc.rochester.edu) and we will post them to both locations
· Send us confirmation that you completed your distance
· Email instructions will follow for this as we are hoping to use RunSignUp to complete this
· We will send you the 28th Annual RidgeWalk t-shirt!!
· Yes! You will be able to complete your collection! This year’s shirt will note that it was the “virtual” event
· We are sorry, but because we are not pursuing sponsorships we will have to limit the swag bag to the t-shirt this year
· To control our costs we will target t-shirt mailing within 6 weeks of the event (November 30th)
Remember, all proceeds from the RidgeWalk & Run still go to supporting our local Wellness initiatives
We apologize for how late this decision was made. We truly tried to work out a way we could all still safely get together. Many of the volunteers work here at Jones Memorial Hospital and we all agreed it just wouldn’t be in the best interest for our RidgeWalk community to try and gather together.
We do hope that you will chose to join us on our virtual trek and share your stories and where you ventured out to! This is one way we can all work to stay connected, as a RidgeWalk community. Please send any questions to RidgeWalk@URMC.Rochester.Edu
See you on the trails!
- This event has passed.